The ODESC governance boards are supported by a number of multi-agency Working Groups and committees.
Committees are typically longstanding while working groups are usually formed as required to concentrate on a specific issue.
Membership of committees and Working Groups depend on the nature of the issue under consideration.
Committees reporting to the Security and Intelligence Board include:
- Counter-Terrorism Coordinating Committee
- National Intelligence Coordination Committee
- Cyber Governance Group
- Major Events Security Committee.
Committees reporting to the Hazard and Risk Board include:
- Maritime Security Oversight Committee
- National Agencies' Incident Management Reference Group
- National Exercise Programme
- National Security System Training and Development Group
- New Zealand Search and Rescue Council.