The Policy Project hosts workshops with policy capability leads (people nominated by their agency to lead work to improve policy quality and capability).
We discuss agency experiences using the Policy Project’s frameworks, seek input to new work and identify promising practices in agencies that others could ‘steal with pride’.
Read about our conversations:
17 May 2017
- Building Policy Capability (PDF 425 KB)
21 February 2017
- Building Policy Capability (PDF 3 MB)
Previous government-wide policy improvement initiatives
- Improving the quality and value of policy advice (Treasury website, PDF 1.8 MB)
- High Fliers: Developing High Performing Policy Units (SSC website)
- Looping the Loop: Evaluating Outcomes and Other Risky Feats (SSC website)
- Minds over Matter: Human Resources Issues Affecting the Quality of Policy Advice (SSC website)