- The Letters Patent Constituting the Office of Governor-General of New Zealand 1983, incorporating the 1986 and 2006 amendments, are in appendix B.
- Information about the office of the Governor-General, including background information, biographies, and speeches, can be found on the Governor-General's website, gg.govt.nz.
- Guidance about Executive Council procedures is set out in the CabGuide, at dpmc.govt.nz/publications/cabguide.
- The New Zealand Gazette is available at gazette.govt.nz.
- Information about the New Zealand Royal Honours system is available from the Honours Unit or on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet's website, dpmc.govt.nz/our-programmes/new-zealand-royal-honours/new-zealand-royal-honours-system.
- Information about the New Zealand Herald of Arms Extraordinary is available on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet's website, dpmc.govt.nz/our-programmes/new-zealand-royal-honours/new-zealand-royal-honours-system/new-zealand-herald-arms.
- Information about the Order of Precedence is available on the Governor-General's website, gg.govt.nz.
The guidance listed here was current at the time of going to press. For updates, see the online version of this manual at dpmc.govt.nz/cabinet-manual.