This guide is the second in Superu’s Making Sense series. The first handbook in the series is our award-winning Making Sense of Evaluation: a handbook for everyone (2017). Use this guide to help you take a structured approach to using evidence at every stage of the policy or programme development cycle or evaluation design. Whether you work for central or local government, or the community and voluntary sector, you’ll find advice to help you:
- understand different types and sources of evidence
- know what you can learn from evidence
- appraise evidence and rate its quality
- decide how to select and use evidence to the best effect
- take into account different cultural values and knowledge systems
- be transparent about how you’ve considered evidence in your policy development work.