If you require an accessible version please contact [email protected] and cite COVID-19 Briefings - August 2022 as a reference.
The following document has been proactively released by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC), on behalf of the Minister for COVID-19 Response, Hon Dr Ayesha Verrall:
COVID-19 Briefings - August 2022
The following documents have been included in this release:
- Title of paper: 01082022 Assurance of System readiness Work Underway to Respond to a Variant of Concern
- Title of paper: 03082022 Insights from Recommendations across COVID-19 Response System Reviews
- Title of paper: 05082022 Review of New Zealand's COVID-19 Protection Framework and self-isolation settings - 5 August
- Title of paper: 05082022 Public awareness campaign to support people who are unable to wear masks
- Title of paper: 08082022 Meeting with Strategic COVID-19 Public Health Advisory Group 10 August 2022
- Title of paper: 12082022 Preparation for Release of Haumaru Briefing
- Title of paper: 25082022 Meeting with Prof. Michael Plank
- Title of paper: 26082022 All of Government COVID-19 System Readiness Exercise
- Title of paper: 30082022 COVID-19 Community Panel, Chair's Report
Some parts of this information release would not be appropriate to release and, if requested, would be withheld under the Official Information Act 1982 (the Act). Where this is the case, the relevant section of the Act that would apply has been identified. Where information has been withheld, no public interest has been identified that would outweigh the reasons for withholding it.
Key to redaction codes:
- Section 9(2)(a), to protect the privacy of individuals;
- Section 9(2)(f)(iv), to maintain the confidentiality of advice tendered by or to Ministers and officials;
- Section 9(2)(g)(i), to maintain the effective conduct of public affairs through the free and frank expression of opinion; and
- Section 9(2)(h), to maintain legal professional privilege.